Auto Proxy SwitcherDownload For: | |
With the click of a button, you may switch between several proxies from the toolbar popup. Auto Proxy Switcher is an add-on that allows you to easily switch proxies via the toolbar pop-up interface.
After you open the toolbar popup, simply click on your desired category from the five available. Additionally, the badge icon color will change to reflect whatever category you chose. Once you set your proxy, a notification popup will appear and let you know what the current state is.
This add-on works with both PAC proxies and proxy servers. Furthermore, you may whitelist any domain or website through the toolbar popup UI by adding it to the bypass area. To white-list a domain, go to the Bypass section in the toolbar popup and place the desired domain there.
6 Reasons to Use Auto Proxy Switcher
- Take control of your browser proxy settings all in one convenient place.
- This extension has many different badge icon colors for various proxies.
- 5 distinct proxy configurations are available.
- Bypass lists allow you to easily whitelist a domain(s) or website.
- We support HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5 schemes.
- You can use our extension with Opera and Chrome browsers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Auto Proxy Switcher?
- Auto Proxy Switcher is an addon that allows you to easily switch proxies from the toolbar popup UI. Simply open the toolbar popup and click on the desired proxy category. There are five categories available, and the badge icon color changes according to the chosen category. Once the proxy is set, a notification popup will show you what state it’s in. This addon also supports PAC proxy, and You can whitelist any domain or website throughthetoolbarpopupUI as well as get more information about this add-on by reading the following FAQs.
How do I work with Auto Proxy Switcher?
- To use Auto proxy switcher, open the toolbar popup UI and pick a category. Please note that before selecting a category, you must complete all of the necessary boxes. For example, in manual mode, you must supply at least one host and port or fill in the URL area, while in PAC mode, you must choose a category and set up the proxy. The badge icon will change to suit your new condition once you’ve chosen a category and established the proxy successfully.
How can I set a proxy for my PAC file?
- To create a PAC proxy, simply add a PAC URL to the designated area (PATH input area). Please note that the format of a PAC path is important. For example, if your PAC file is located in C:// – on a Windows system), please use file:///C:/pac.data as the PATH value. If you don’t know how to make a PAC file, please look at this Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config). Once you’ve made an accurate PACs, fill in the popup UI for PATH with the URL.)
How can I allow a specific domain or website?
- Please add the domain to the bypass area in the toolbar popup to whitelist it. Please note that all entries should be comma-separated. After you’ve filled in the bypass field, please check (by clicking next to the Bypass category) whether you want to allow access.
How can I turn the add-on off?
- You can deactivate the addon from the extensions page of your browser, or by choosing the system proxy from the toolbar popup UI. The system proxy uses the default proxy setting already on your computer (PC/MAC).
How can I establish a standard host and port for all protocols?
- Please complete the – HTTP Proxy and port – field in the manual category to establish a proxy for all protocols. Then check the – Use this proxy server for all protocols option. The plugin will utilize the proxy and port for all protocols as a result of this setting. Please be aware that you must choose a scheme as well. There are four schemes (HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS4, and Socks5) to pick from. HTTP is the default scheme, but you may change it if necessary according on your proxy server configuration.)
What happens if I use a proxy and then restart my browser?
- When you configure a proxy from the toolbar popup UI, it updates your browser’s settings and saves the proxy in memory. The add-on will retrieve the proxy from memory and apply it to your browser’s proxy settings the next time you start up the browser. Please keep in mind that if you have more than one proxy extension installed in your browser, there may be issues with their coordination. So, to avoid any trouble, only use one add-on.
Is this proxy add-on compatible with all browsers and platforms?
- Yes, this addon can be used on any modern browser, whether you’re on a mobile device or desktop computer.