Web Browser InternalsDownload For: | |
Web Browser Internals provides detailed information about all (about:about) pages in the Chrome browser. This extension is designed for developers who want to get a better understanding of how the browser works under the hood. It also provides a way for advanced users to troubleshoot issues with their browsers. Web Browser Internals can be found in the Chrome Web Store.
Web Browser Internals extension has the following features. This is followed by a description of this add-on. This overview mentions a few words about the add-on, its purpose, and its characteristics. FAQ follows, which is where you may obtain information on how this add-on works in your browser. If you can’t discover an answer to your query, please fill out the bug report form or send us an email at the contact page if you have any questions. Following the FAQ. We hope that the information on this page will help you get all of the essentials about this extension and enable you to have a better experience with Browser Internals. In a nutshell, Browser Internals gives you access to all (about:about) pages, such as plugins, cache, sync, and other features right from your toolbar’s pop-up interface.
6 Reasons to Use Web Browser Internals
- Enable it if you want to access all about:about web pages in your browser.
- Drag and drop icons in the toolbar popup to arrange them how you want.
- You can change the color of the toolbar pop-up UI at any time.
- You may also customize the icon size and popup width and height from the settings toolbar on the popup.
- There are 60 pages (with icons) in all.
- Web Browser Internals is currently available for Chrome only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Web Browser Internals?
- Web Browser Internals (formerly known as Under the Hood) extension aims to make it easier for users to access the browser’s internal pages, such as sync, inspect, histograms, and other features. Working with this add-on is simple; simply open the toolbar popup UI and select the relevant icon. If you do not like the icons’ default position, drag them to a new location. There are various options available at the bottom of the toolbar within the popup UI, including background color, icon size, and so on. It’s worth noting that this add-on is very lightweight and requires little CPU and memory usage.
How do I change this extension’s settings?
- To access the aforementioned settings, please open the toolbar popup UI and select the settings icon in the lower-left corner. All of your preferences are automatically saved to memory.
What icons are available in the toolbar’s popup UI?
- The popup UI has a total of 60 pages accessible. The most essential ones are cache, DNS, credits, conflicts, components, support, flags, histograms, media, plugins, network (formerly known as IP), profile (formerly known as GPS), sync (formerly known as USB), webrtc (formerly known as RTMP), and user.
What is the bottom-right button (the expand symbol) in the toolbar popup UI?
- To view all hidden icons, simply click the button. Some indicators are concealed (those that aren’t particularly helpful) when you first install the add-on. However, if you need to access them or drag them into the visible area, please select the expand option. Please keep in mind that after you close the popup, the expanded region will go back to being hidden.
How do I create an about page in a new tab?
- Please left-click on an icon within the toolbar popup UI to launch any about page in a new tab.
How can I make the present tab reflect the page’s content?
- Please middle-click on an icon within the toolbar popup UI to update the current tab. Please keep in mind that the about page information will be applied to the current tab. If you want to view the previous tab content, refresh your browser by clicking on its back button.
What are the steps for uninstalling this extension from your Chrome browser?
- Please go to the extensions page and uninstall this add-on by selecting it from the list and then pressing the Remove button.
How can I get rid of this extension?
- Find the name of this extension from the extensions page in your browser and then click on the disable button.